Upgrade information for customers with release 4
I.) New key features and major improvements
- IT Asset Management: Get detailed reports about your PCs such as installed Software, OSs, Bioses, CPUs, HDDs, Video Controllers and much more.
- User PC Time Control
- MCM/SCCM® Plugin for Microsoft® Endpoint Configuration Manager (MCM) / System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Support of UPSs (Uninterruptible Power Supplies)
- Web based WOL PORTALS run on Microsoft ISS. Advanced managed Active Directory based.
- Windows 11/10/8.x/7/Vista, Server 2022/2019/2016/2012R2 (64/32 Bit). For WOL Proxies also Java supporting devices such as Raspberry PI.
- Highly detailed timing, power consumption and savings reports
- File Scanner: create own XML based jobs to schedule WoL, delete or move clients, add or remove WoL-Proxies
- Details of clients‘ timing on server
- Clients' reports can be reset centrally
- Graphical representation of power consumption for all clients
- Safe Shutdown: Auto Saving of MS Office Documents now integrated into the Management Console – the old script is no longer required
- Pass shutdown-related information to batch files executed before shutdown
- Better support for clients in provisioning environments such as Rembo, XEN, and others
- Wake on LAN Scheduler: Exceptions such holidays can now be added
- WOL Proxies (standard Windows clients/servers and Java enabled devices such as the Raspberry Pi®)
- WOL for VMs (start virtual machines via WoL)
- Wake on LAN via text based XML job files
- Mass client deployment: Server address and port number now can be added as parameters to the .msi file during deployment
- Prevent users from blocking public PCs: Auto log-off user and shutdown PCs after an idle period
- Information about last wake-up source added
- Automatically analyzes additional instances of monitored Performance Counters
- Hardware related Client Energy Consumption Profiles
- Settings updates to multiple groups
- Support for Server Core installations (the GUI and management consoles can be made visible via a new command line option)
- And much more...
II.) Microsoft .NET Framework
Auto Shutdown Manager Releases 5.5.x and newer require the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.x.
Auto Shutdown Manager Releases 5.4 and below require the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.
The .NET Framework must be installed on the Clients and Server before installing Auto Shutdown Manager Release 5.
III.) Upgrade information for current Version 4 users
Please note that the change from Release 4 to Release 5 is a so-called major upgrade, which means that the old Version 4 license will no longer work and you will need to purchase an upgrade to a new Release 5 license.
EnviProt offers an upgrade discount of 35% for current customers. Please contact our Sales Team and we'll find the best and cheapest upgrade option for you.
Old Release 4 Licenses
Release 4 licenses are still available, let us know if you need Release 4 licenses. Please contact our Sales Team
Upgrade the Server
Please make sure you have a valid license before upgrading.
If you are using an Auto Shutdown Manager Server or a single stand-alone PC, uninstall the old version first via the Windows Control Panel -> Programs.
Install the new Auto Shutdown Manager Version 5 in the previous directory to keep the old configuration and settings. Enter your new license key to register.
Upgrade the Clients
Please make sure that the Microsoft .NET Framework is already installed on the clients.
On the Auto Shutdown Manager Server, open the Management Console and use the Update Manager to upgrade all clients automatically.
To save network bandwidth, we strongly recommend processing the upgrade group by group.
IV.) How to find out the currently used release number
To find out which release you are currently using, open Auto Shutdown Manager. You can find the currently installed release in the lower green area of the window.